Table of contents
Article 1 - What data do we process about you?
Article 2 - What do we use your personal data for?
Article 3 - Who receives your personal data?
Article 4 - How long do we keep your personal data?
Article 5 - Your rights
Article 6 - How do we protect your personal data?
Article 7 - Cookies
What data do we process about you?
1. The Parking Lot processes the following personal data from you in the context of its activities:
- Customer data - If you use our website or request a service, we may collect the following customer information about you: your name, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, VAT number, bank account number and any other data that you voluntarily provide us.
- Supplier data - If you are a (potential) supplier, we process the following data: your name, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, VAT number and any other data that you voluntarily provide us.
- Communication data - If you call us, email us or submit a contact form, we process the following data: your name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, company name and any other data that you voluntarily provide us.
- Job application data - If you apply for a job with us, we process the following data: your name, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, education and training, work experience and any other data that you voluntarily provide us.
What do we use your personal data for?
1. General purposes:
We only use your personal data as follows:
- Cookies - to maintain and improve our website and to include personal data in statistics, with your explicit, prior consent as a legal basis (except for strictly necessary cookies that do not require consent);
- Customer data - to provide the service requested, to contact our customers and to deliver and invoice the services you have ordered and to keep our accounts, based on either the performance of an agreement with you or our legal accounting obligation;
- Supplier data - to send you a request for quotation, to place an order, to pay your invoices, to communicate with you and to keep our accounts, based on either the performance of an agreement with you or our legal accounting obligation;
- Communication data - to be able to handle your question or request, based on the performance or preparation of an agreement with you if you contact us online or our legitimate interest if you contact us by telephone;
- Job application data - to process your job application based on our legitimate interest in the job application itself and your explicit, prior consent to establish a recruitment reserve;
2. Direct marketing:
We also use your personal data for direct marketing, newsletters, promotions, based on our legitimate interest regarding existing customers, the performance of an agreement in case you subscribe to our newsletter or your explicit prior consent in all other cases.
If you no longer wish to receive such communications and would like us to stop processing your personal data for our direct marketing purposes, you can do so at no cost and without having to provide a reason by clicking on the link in each of our direct mailings or by contacting us directly by e-mail or telephone.
Who receives your personal data?
1. In certain circumstances we have to share your data with third parties:
- government authorities, judicial and police services on the basis of a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations,
- financial institutions
- insurance companies
- Dirk Remy (accountant)
- Exact Online
- Mailchimp (Mandrill)
2. We may use software tools or partners who store your data outside of Europe. We always ensure that our partners handle your data as securely as we do and that your data is just as safe outside Europe as it is here in Europe. More specifically, with Askimet, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Float, Freshdesk, Google, Mailchimp and Microsoft we have concluded the Standard Contractual Clauses made available by the European Commission and we provide individual additional guarantees on top of these Standard Contractual Clauses wherever necessary and possible.
3. If we ever stop or transfer our activities to someone else, for example because we go bankrupt or sell our activities, this can mean that your personal data will be transferred to third parties who will take over our activities in whole or in part. In that case, we will always inform you in advance as far as possible, but you understand that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data as long as this is necessary to achieve the purposes of each processing activity:
- We keep customer and supplier data for a maximum of 5 years after the end of the collaboration. Certain data we are obliged to keep for 7 or 10 years due to the legal accounting obligation;
- We keep communication data for a maximum of 1 year if no collaboration is established and a maximum of 5 years if there is a collaboration;
- We keep job application data as long as the job application procedure runs and for a maximum of 1 year afterwards if you have consented to a recruitment reserve.
You have the right to access your personal data and the use we make of it free of charge at any time. You have the right to ask us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. In a number of cases listed in the GDPR, you may also request to restrict the processing of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have serious and legitimate reasons for doing so that go beyond our need to process your data. You also always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, even without having to provide a reason. You have the right to request your personal data in digital and readable form and / or to have it transferred to another service provider of your choice. Insofar as our processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
You can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Grotehondstraat 44, 2018 Antwerp.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (“Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit”):
Tel: +32 (0) 2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also go to the civil court to claim compensation.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational security measures to guarantee the security of your personal data. For example, our server and software tools are protected with a username and password, two factor authentication, access restrictions apply, we apply encryption where possible. Furthermore, we provide training to our staff on data protection, we have internal guidelines on data security and we take appropriate security measures in the form of up to date antivirus and firewall protection.
Under no circumstances The Parking Lot can be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage resulting from an incorrect or illegal use by a third party of the personal data.
The cookie list below gives you an overview of the cookies that our website uses.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for our website to function properly and are therefore placed without your consent. For example, we use them to set your privacy preferences, logging in, or to protect access to secure parts of our website. We do not collect personal data with these cookies and never pass on the information collected to third parties.
These cookies enable our website to offer enhanced functions and personal settings. They can be set by us or by third party providers of services that we have added to our pages. Unfortunately, certain functions of our website will not function properly without your consent.
These cookies enable us to improve the performance of our website and services. They provide us with information such as the number of visitors to our website, which pages are most popular and help us understand how visitors move around the website. However, we never post them without your consent, but would of course appreciate it if you consented to them.
Marketing cookies are placed for marketing purposes and are used to track your surfing behavior after you have visited our website and / or to build a profile of your interests and show you customized advertising. These cookies can be placed on our website by us or by third parties. You decide whether you consent to placing such marketing cookies.
If you notice that other cookies are placed via our website, it is best to let us know as soon as possible, so we can make the necessary adjustments.
We give you as much information as possible about cookies placed by third parties. If you want to know more, we would like to refer you to the privacy statements of these parties on their respective websites. Please note: we have no influence whatsoever on the content of those statements, nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties.
On your first visit to our website you will be asked to accept our cookies. You can manage your choices yourself at any time afterwards.
If you have any further questions or comments about the processing of your personal data, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Grotehondstraat 44, 2018 Antwerp.
You can also find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
More information about online behavioral advertising and online privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Last updated: 28/05/2021